Saturday, December 4, 2010

Class #4 ~ We're almost there.....

We had our 4th class today and boy did it seem to drag on & on! LOL. We even got out early, so I'm not sure why it seemed so long. Maybe the week off was not a good idea. Today's classes were on Discipline and Concurrent Planning & Adverse Parents (Birth Parents). We also had a chance to talk about how the State of CA does their Home Inspections. Ours is planned for Tuesday, so the info came at the perfect time! From what we were told, everything should be fine & we should pass. We just have a few things to do. I did most of the things on our "Checklist" over a month ago. But, I need to double check everything and put up one more baby gate. We also found out that it will most likely be at least March/April before we're placed with a child(ren). After classes are done, it will most likely be 2-3 weeks before our 1st Homestudy visit is scheduled with the County of Riverside. It sounds like we will have at least 2-3 Homestudy visits prior to being licensed with them. UGH! Definately a longer wait than I was expecting! They'll be interrogating (I mean interviewing) Steve & I seperately & then together. They'll also be interviewing Tyler & Cheyenne since they both live here. As long as they like what they hear & our house is in compliance, I would hope we wouldn't need more than 2 visits (praying for just 1). So far, the process has been much smoother than we'd anticipated. I'm hoping & praying that continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment